Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mmmm Taco Soup!!

I've decided it's time to start putting the crock pot to use, I found a great easy recipe for Taco Soup here at the Lolly Jane's blog it was SOOOO yummy!!!

Since the blog is written in Arizona, and I live in Northern Maine, one of the ingredients was hard to find (Ranch style beans, so far I still haven't found a store that sells them) So I substituted chili seasoned tomatoes and it was still delicious!  Here's the recipe:



  • 1 Can Kidney Beans
  • 1 Can Black Beans
  • 1 Can Ranch style beans 
    • I substituted chili seasoned tomatoes
  • 1 Can Tomato Chunks
  • 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
  • 1 jar/cup Salsa 
    • I added a whole jar
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
I added it all into the crock pot and put it on low, none of it really needs to "cook" so it's just a matter of heating it up all together and letting the flavors come together.  

Serve with sour cream & shredded cheese. YUM! This recipe made a LOT, it fed 4 of us easily for lunch, plus leftovers, so much we even froze some for later!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment