Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Sock Monkey Birthday

I know that The Kid's birthday was a few months ago now, but since I wasn't blogging then I thought I would share her party with you, because I had so much fun planning and creating for it!

To begin, Pinterest is my best friend when it comes to crafty ideas - I do not claim any of these to be my own original idea, I found most of the ideas at The Spaghetti Westerner, she offers the free printables that I used for most of the party decor & invitation.  I purchased the monkey image from Cupcakecutiees.  Now on to the fun stuff!!

The Inspiration - $52 on Etsy
First up: Birthday Board
My version - Free-Ninety-Free!
Chalkboard: On hand
Chalk: On hand!
 BeanBag Toss game (which we actually didn't get to use, bummer!)
My version, Inspiration can be found on blog posted above.  

The birthday girl! 

Candy Buffet - all candies were red or brown: Tootsie Rolls, Caramels, Twizzlers, Root Beer Barrels, Red Swirl Lollipops & Kit Kat bars!  In the treat bags are the photo seen framed of The Kid in her birthday outfit & hat her Auntie Sheesh knit for her! I found that adorable basket at Rite Aid 75% off after Easter, was perfect for holding the treat bags & photos!!


Food table.  We had Monkey See, Monkey do, Make your own sandwiches, and lots of other monkey-themed goodies!

Mama made banana cupcakes & banana smash cake! Yum Yum!

The Kid's monthly photos, each month she had her photo taken in the rocking chair with her stuffed dog her cousin made her when she was born!




Friends & Family (and the decorations!)



Homemade pennant banner


BIRTHDAY CAKE TIME!!


Singing happy birthday - she wanted to play with the candle, hence why I'm holding her hands :) 

Yay!

I can touch it? What do I do with it?

First Bite!

MMmmmm Yummy!

I'll take a piece of that!

Those eyes kill me!

The aftermath

Sock Monkeys!

Chasing her "boyfriend"





Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: