Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Toddler!? I'm in denial.

I have a love/hate relationship with this stage of the Kid's development.

I LOVE that she is beginning to play more, by herself more, and her receptive language blows me away. She still doesn't have much for expressive words - that we can understand anyway - but she's getting more and more each week - new ones this week include Baby and Doggy (Which just comes out Dee, but says it every time she points to Red or Moaka).  She can be so much fun to play with, but can also be very frustrating when she can't tell us what she wants, or we don't understand what she wants.  The whiny "eh-eh" drives me nuts most days, so my plan of action is distraction.

She hasn't been feeling well lately, teething mixed with a viral infection in her gums has made her very moody and not-so-much-fun to be around.  Since I work full time right now I only get to see her in the evenings and on weekends.  I determined this past weekend to be one we were going to have fun!  We got out early Saturday morning and ran our errands and visited the grandparents, then came home for a nice long nap (well she napped, I cleaned).  Did the sensory activity from the other day, and some other fun play ideas.

She loves when I stack something up so she can knock it down, up until now it's mostly been her blocks, but I decided to try something new - Solo Cups!  She thought that game was such fun.  I could barely get them stacked again before KidZilla was over knocking them down!  (Sorry for the blurry photos... trying to focus on a moving toddler... not an easy task!)

















She loves when I stack something up so she can knock it down, up until now it's mostly been her blocks, but I decided to try something new - Solo Cups!  She thought that game was such fun.  I could barely get them stacked again before KidZilla was over knocking them down!


The next game was after a friend and neighbor dropped off some toys their girls had outgrown.. She received a dollhouse that she just loves ringing the doorbell on, a stroller to push her dollies around in and a bunch of other toys, but do you know what a toddler's favorite part is?  The box of course! Especially when The King pushes her around in it!






Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment