Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions...

Do you make resolutions? How do you do at sticking to them?


Me? Yes, I make them, so far I've never stuck with them... Maybe writing about it is the motivation that I need to get started? 


Every year I make the resolution to be healthier. Yes, I need to lose weight, but it is so hard to be motivated to do so!  I'm taking a stand to quit drinking soda, drink more water, get up and move more and join a Zumba class.  I start Zumba on Tuesday, I cannot wait!  I also have not had a soda so far this year - yes, it's only been 4 days, but 4 days without a Coke seems like an eternity for me! So here's to sticking to the plan! 

a very unflattering photo of myself at our family Christmas get together, now up here for the world to see, maybe that's motivation enough?

Resolution #2 - Finances.  The King & I really need to get our finances in order, it's time to do the grown-up thing, make a budget -- and stick to it, and get some money into savings, paying off debt, and living within our means.  
We've decided to modify a 7 bank account plan that I found on pinterest, find the link here at the Fun, Cheap or Free Queen's blog.  We hope that this will help us to better stick to our budget and meet our needs.  I'll keep you posted with how this goes!

  
Resolution #3 - Be more "unplugged".  As I just took on more hours at my job, and have another semester of school coming up, my time with The Kid (as well as The King) are going to be very limited. I resolve to make more time to be involved with them, and spend less time in a screen, tv, laptop, phone, or otherwise when the Kid is awake. She deserves to have a mom who's ready to spend quality time with her once work is over!  Plus there are so many things I want to do with her, I just simply can't do them all while I'm puttering around Facebook or Pinterest!

Resolution #4 - Clean up my potty mouth!  As the little sponge - a.k.a. The Kid - is learning more and more words, I don't want them to be the words I've been hearing come out of my own mouth so much lately! I've gotten really lazy about swearing and need to cut it out. I am hereby holding myself responsible for ensuring that she doesn't absorb that kind of language on my watch!


I'd love to hear what your resolutions are, and if you have any suggestions for helping me stick to mine!  

2 comments:

  1. I attempted to comment on this on my phone, but it clearly didn't work.

    I have similar resolutions
    1. Get some unnecessary debt paid off and get an actual budget set. I've been using mint.com for a few months now… needless to say I'm ashamed of myself! haha! I've also been browsing the myfico.com discussion boards for tips on increasing our credit scores. We have a goal to get above 740's.
    2. Short term goal for January to lose the 5-ish lbs I gained in December, and then take it from there.
    3. Get the house organized. No more excuses, we've been here 6 months and there are still random things in our family room that don't have a home- so it's time to donate/sell/throw away.
    I also want to get the Kitchen organized. I downloaded an app on my phone to inventory all our groceries, it'll make meal planning easier and hopefully also save us on our grocery bill.
    We have various projects that have remained unfinished since we moved in.. like no master bathroom door (still), no medicine cabinet in the master bathroom (still), there are various broken closet doors throughout the house (I hate bifold doors.) And I'm sure there are a few other things I forgot to mention.

    I have more resolutions, but I guess I'll stick with those above!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the 'no soda' resolution too! Me and Coke are BFF's so I've been pretty sad, but I'm going to indulge myself on my birthday in May. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete